Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 24 medium size
Blueberry Muffins 17 ounces all purpose flour
7 ounces sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 whole eggs
1 3/4 cups milk
3/4 cup vegetable oil
15 ounces wild blueberries (fresh or IQF)
1 cup streusel topping (see recipe below)
1/4 cup raw sugar
1. Thoroughly blend dry ingredients.
2. Combine eggs, oil and milk. Add to dry ingredients and mix until dry ingredients are just moist. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
3. Add blueberries to batter and gently fold them into batter (do not defrost if frozen). Do not over-mix or your entire batter will look blue.
4. Spray your muffin tins with non-stick spray. Scoop batter into muffin tins until 3/4 full. Cover with streusel topping and sprinkle with raw sugar.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degree F until a toothpick can be inserted and pulled out clean.
1 pound butter
10 ounces sugar
8 ounces brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 pounds all purpose flour
1. Mix butter together with sugars for about 30 minutes.
2. Dry blend the salt, cinnamon and flour and rub into the butter sugar mixture until coarse crumbs.
3. Spread streusel out on a sheet tray and place in the fridge to dry.
4. Can be kept frozen.