Recipe By : Johnny Prep
Serving; 4 Preparation Time: 25 minutes
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
2 cups biscuit mix, such as Bisquick
2 teaspoons. dried basil leaves
2/3 cups milk
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place stock in a small stock pot and bring to a simmer.
3. In a separate bowl mix together the biscuit mix, basil and milk until it is consistent in texture.
4. Using an ice cream scooper that has been dipped in water (you can use a large spoon as well), gently drop a scoop of the biscuit mixture into the broth. Cook 2 or 3 at a time. Do not crowd pan, this can be done in batches. The dumplings will expand. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Place pan uncovered in the oven for another 10 minutes or until tops have nicely browned.
6. Remove dumplings and serve with the broth that has turned into gravy.