Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Ready after: 20 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 1 lbs. raw shrimp, 21-25 count, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. chilli garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp. sake, or white wine
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 2 strips bacon, fully cooked and chopped
- chopped parsley for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sake, chili garlic paste, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, and canola oil. Set aside.
- Brush shrimp with olive oil and season lightly with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Heat a grill pan (or other non-stick pan) over medium high heat. Cook shrimp in batches so you don’t overcrowd pan. Sauté shrimp until slightly crispy on the edges and they have fully turned color and curled.
- Remove shrimp from pan and pour in liquid mixture. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Return shrimp to pan just to coat and heat through.
- Place spinach in large bowl. Pour liquid from pan over spinach and toss to coat.
- Portion spinach on plates. Place shrimp on each mound of spinach. Garnish with bacon and chopped parsely.